Thursday 14 November 2019

Review of the day

There was always a chance, that today was going to end up a disappointment…

There were so few opportunities for me this morning - and such a lot of uncertainty.
Trying to put us on the right horses, was never going to be easy.

I decided to keep things tight - and issued just 3 tips - but unfortunately, non of them were good enough.

Acaro was the first tip to run - and he did best of the trio.

He only finished third - and never really looked like winning.
However he ran a good race for a 16/1 shot (or even a 10/1 shot !) - and I would expect him to build on that performance, as the season progresses.

Next up, it was the big hope of the day: Danse Idol.

I really did fancy her - but I also know that when I fancy them to that extent, they often don’t win (unless they are too short for me to tip !)…

Certainly, if the market had fancied her as much as me, she would have been sent off at around 6/4 !

In the race itself, she travelled exuberantly - probably too exuberantly !
As a consequence, it became obvious not long after turning in, that she had no more to give.

I suspect the run will have brought on massively (by taking away the freshness) - and if they ran the race again in a fortnights time, I’m sure she would go very close - but that is no consolation.

Neither is the fact that the race was won by Misty Bloom.
I nominated her as the main danger - and briefly considered tipping her as a saver.
However, I figured that would suggest a lack of confidence in the Danse Idol.
Such is life…

The Young Master was the final tip on the day - and I wish I’d not bothered with him.
I knew he didn’t want significant rain - but thought he would be pulled from the race if the ground got too soft.

However, I think connections had got fed up with pulling out of races - and figured they may as well let him take his chance (in fairness, it’s hard to think the ground is going to firm up any time soon).

You need everything in your favour to win these races - and with the ground unsuitable, it was no surprise he ended up well beaten.

By contrast, soft ground was just what Give me a Copper wanted - and he came home a very game winner…

As for the Mentions:
Then Shady Oaks looked slow - and not fit enough. I’ve no idea why Jamie Moore went up to Liverpool just to ride him (unless he has a ticket for tomorrows big football match !).
Oldgrangewood ran really well to finish third: but bumped into two !
Cepage ran a cracker under top weight - but he himself, was incredibly unlucky to run into Riders inthe Storm on his debut for Nigel Twiston Davies.
The horse was decent last season but NTD has clearly improved him by at least 7lb.
Rosy World also ran a fair race - considering things didn’t work out for her.
She had to make her own running and ended up a sitting duck for Diomede des Mottes and Skandiburg.
They tracked her to the final flight and then had a sprint race to the finish - which Skandiburg won.

There will be better days…

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment