Tuesday 24 March 2020

End of the TVB season

As I’m sure many of you are already aware, the BHA (British Horseracing Authority) today announced that in response to the Coronavirus pandemic, racing in the UK will be suspended until the end of April, at the earliest.

As the TVB season was due to end on April 4th, this therefore means that the TVB season is now complete.

Obviously, it feels a bit surreal to be finishing a season in such a manner - but plenty of things feel a bit surreal at the moment !

I will still produce an end of season report - as I always do; I would also like to survey everyone, in order to gain feedback on how you felt the season went - along with any ideas you may have for next season.

I’ll work on both of those over the next couple of weeks - and aim to get them out to you, before the end of the month.

I also intend to feedback on the ‘matrix method’ pilot, which I ran over the last few weeks of the season - it delivered some amazing results and is likely to feature in my plans for the service, next season (so I would encourage you all to to read that, if you are interested in subscribing to TVB again in the autumn).

That’s it for now: If the decision is made to continue racing in Ireland, I will look to cover the Fairyhouse Easter festival - and Punchestown - in some way (probably via the matrix method, in the forum).
However, neither meeting is guaranteed to take place (HRI will make a statement, tomorrow).

Thanks for the support over the past 5 months: and very best wishes to you all - and your families - for what is going to be a very difficult and uncertain few months ahead…

TVB.


No comments:

Post a Comment